Melbourne Meeting – September 2018
Monday 17th September.
The meeting started with the Annual General Meeting
Then Brian Watson and Peter Postmus presented on Virtual TreeView
Melbourne Meeting – August 2018
Monday 20th August.
Loc Nguyen presented on his POS System
His talk covered:
- The system’s 3 tier architecture consisting of an FMX client app, a VCL datasnap server and a backend SQL Server database.
- A short demo of the server module and the client app.
Melbourne Meeting – July 2018
Monday 16th July.
Melbourne Meeting – June 2018
Monday 18th June.
Continuing our Multi Threading theme from last month, Jarrod Hollingworth presented a master-class in advanced threading:
– Demonstrate the new Delphi parallel library (parallel for loop, tasks run in thread pool, joins and futures)
– Thread safety (expanding on what was shown with critical sections, mutex/semaphore, TEvent, interlocked increment, etc)
– Tips, techniques, issues (stopping a thread, more on interacting with the main thread, debugging)
…… Continue reading ›
Melbourne Meeting – May 2018
Monday 21st May.
John McDonald and Brian Watson gave a presentation on MultiThreading in Delphi.
John discussed the use of TThread for multithreading and the issues that have to be handled in multi-threaded applications. He showed a small program that illustrated the use of TThread.Queue… Continue reading ›
Melbourne Meeting – January 2018
Monday 15th January.
We had three presentations on different types of inter-process communication.
Brian Watson spoke about MailSlots.
Tony Bryer spoke about named pipes, semaphores and mutexes.
John McDonald spoke about sockets.… Continue reading ›
Sydney Meeting – October 2006
Follow-up discussion on Threads – Delphi Community
After last month’s round table discussion on threads, quite a few of our members expressed their interest in discussing the topic further. This is why we thought we would do this rather sooner than later.… Continue reading ›