Tag: Parallel Library
Monday 20th August.
Loc Nguyen presented on his POS System
His talk covered:
- The system’s 3 tier architecture consisting of an FMX client app, a VCL datasnap server and a backend SQL Server database.
- A short demo of the server module and the client app.
Monday 16th July.
Monday 18th June.
Continuing our Multi Threading theme from last month, Jarrod Hollingworth presented a master-class in advanced threading:
– Demonstrate the new Delphi parallel library (parallel for loop, tasks run in thread pool, joins and futures)
– Thread safety (expanding on what was shown with critical sections, mutex/semaphore, TEvent, interlocked increment, etc)
– Tips, techniques, issues (stopping a thread, more on interacting with the main thread, debugging)
…… Continue reading ›