Monday 17th September.
The meeting started with the Annual General Meeting
Then Brian Watson and Peter Postmus presented on Virtual TreeView
Monday 20th August.
Loc Nguyen presented on his POS System
His talk covered:
- The system’s 3 tier architecture consisting of an FMX client app, a VCL datasnap server and a backend SQL Server database.
- A short demo of the server module and the client app.
Monday 16th July.
Monday 18th June.
Continuing our Multi Threading theme from last month, Jarrod Hollingworth presented a master-class in advanced threading:
– Demonstrate the new Delphi parallel library (parallel for loop, tasks run in thread pool, joins and futures)
– Thread safety (expanding on what was shown with critical sections, mutex/semaphore, TEvent, interlocked increment, etc)
– Tips, techniques, issues (stopping a thread, more on interacting with the main thread, debugging)
…… Continue reading ›