Melbourne Meeting – August 2018
Monday 20th August.
Loc Nguyen presented on his POS System
His talk covered:
- The system’s 3 tier architecture consisting of an FMX client app, a VCL datasnap server and a backend SQL Server database.
- A short demo of the server module and the client app.
- The code uses mostly out of the box components and the Spring 4 Delphi framework.
- Code structure combines the use of MVVM design pattern and Interface to increase decoupling.
- For UI design, TFrame with some animation and good use of transparent property.
- In some places, use of TTask to improve application responsiveness.
The meeting was held at the Melbourne Men’s Shed, situated in the Federation Square Car Park building, off Russell St Extension.