Monday 21st October at 6 for 6:15pm start.
At our next meeting, Glen Kleidon will present on his Arpy framework.
Arpy is a framework for creating secure web servers. It uses the same highly flexible, modern approach popularised in NodeJs and .Net Core abstracting out the server complexity allowing the developer to focus on the business logic.
The presentation will cover:
Up and running with Arpy.
- Very brief into to the Arpy Documentation – where to find what you need
- “Installing” Arpy: from GetIt or direct from the resources and how that is different to how things are traditionally installed
- How and why to use the Arpy Web Api Project
- How and why to use Arpy Web Site Project
- What is Middleware
- Demo Creating a Logging Middleware
This will be followed by a discussion on one or two of a list of Arpy related topics
The meeting will start with a short “Public Soap Box” where attendees can ask questions, share discoveries or talk about code.
Note: Venue Melbourne Men’s Shed. No Catering
We now meet at the Melbourne Men’s Shed, situated in the Federation Square Car Park off the Russell St Extension.
Take the car park lift at the end of Russell St.
– The Men’s Shed is opposite the lift on the lowest level.
For those who will be driving, fixed price evening parking ($13.00) is available after 4:00pm.
We now only provide tea, coffee and biscuits at the break.
Fed Square and the surrounding area does however provide many meal options.