Monday 20th November.
Glen Kleidon presented on encryption. The presentation included:
- Generating Certificates for testing.
- General encryption topics including how RSA public/private keys actually work, using some basic mathematics.
- How to create SSL Clients connecting to a NodeJS backend, using Indy 9 on Delphi 7 and Indy 10 on Berlin.
- tricks you need to know to get it to work.
- certificate validation.
- How to create SSL and HTTPS servers using Indy.
- client side vs server side certificates.
- Some discussion on creating Digests (Hashing) for Signing (time permitting).
Code examples included Certificate generation and complete walk-through on how to create SSL clients and servers using Indy components.
The meeting was held at the Melbourne Men’s Shed, situated in the Federation Square Car Park building, off Russell St Extension.