Monday 20th November at 6 for 6:15pm start.
Glen Kleidon will give a presention on Encryption. The presentation will include:
- Generating Certificates for testing.
- General encryption topics including how RSA public/private keys actually work, using some basic mathematics.
- How to create SSL Clients connecting to a NodeJS backend, using Indy 9 on Delphi 7 and Indy 10 on Berlin.
- tricks you need to know to get it to work.
- certificate validation.
- How to create SSL and HTTPS servers using Indy.
- client side vs server side certificates.
- Some discussion on creating Digests (Hashing) for Signing (time permitting).
Code examples will include Certificate generation and complete walk-through on how to create SSL clients and servers using Indy components.
Note: Venue Melbourne Men’s Shed. No Catering
We now meet at the Melbourne Men’s Shed, situated in the Federation Square Car Park off the Russell St Extension.
Take the car park lift at the end of Russell St.
– The Men’s Shed is opposite the lift on the lowest level.
For those who will be driving, fixed price evening parking ($13.00) is available after 4:00pm.
We now only provide tea, coffee and biscuits at the break.
Fed Square and the surrounding area does however provide many meal options.