Welcome, and thanks for dropping by.
ADUG is an organisation dedicated to providing a forum for activities and information that promote and improve the professional use of Delphi and related products and services in the Australian developer community.
We have local chapters and monthly meetings in most Australian states. If you’re new to Delphi or just visiting, feel free to drop in and say hello.
Please note that our technical blog that was previously at members.adug.org.au (on wordpress.com) has been merged here under the technical category.
XE8 Update 1 has just been released in two flavours Subscription Update 1 and General Update 1. Subscription Update 1 is only for those on Update Subscription (formerly known as Software Maintenance and prior to that Software Assurance).
The change logs for the two updates are listed here.
Spot the difference? Read more ›
Monday 20th July at 6 for 6:15pm start.
Improved SQL communications with a TADOConnection descendant – Jason Tolley
Read more ›
ADUG – Perth May Meeting
WADUGer’s – we have another great meeting coming up on Tuesday 16th at 6:00pm
* Danny Wind is giving us a presentation on RTL – Parallel programming.
This will be an introduction on TTask, TFuture en TParallel.For, after which we take a look at TThreadPool. We also take a peek at some SyncObjs classes and methods such as TThreadedQueue, TMonitor,and the TInterLocked operators. The goal is to enable you to create straightforward multi-threaded code that is easy to maintain and understand, while obtaining the fast response times that the user wants from your software.
Danny Wind is an experienced Delphi trainer from The Netherlands. He is a consultant and Delphi MVP. His favorite subjects are Delphi Programming, FireMonkey, User Interfaces and Threading. Meet Danny as a speaker on Developer Days, at SDN conferences, and Delphi launch events in the Netherlands or Belgium, or go to one of the Delphi training days in the Netherlands.
Danny runs Delphi training courses for beginner and intermediate programmers with courseware he develop himself for each of the Delphi versions. He is speaker at conferences in Netherlands such as SDN (Software Developer Network) and for launch events for the new Delphi versions. You can see Danny in action on YouTube screencasts for subjects that peak my interest. Danny has presented at the last two Embarcadero Coderage conferences. He was selected as an Embarcadero MVP for his skills and impact on the Delphi community.
Danny will be followed by Frank Reynolds – dairy part 2. Any follow up items of interest that you want to cover.
Danny times his presentations pretty well and expects each one to be 1 hour including questions – so 2 hours for Danny, 20 minutes pizza and the remainder for cows.
We look forward to seeing all of you there at:
The Perth Artifactory,
8/16 Guthrie St.
Thursday June 4th at 5:30pm to 9pm.
Jim Gilmour will give a presentation on his experiences with App Tethering.
Read more ›
Monday 15th June at 6 for 6:15pm start.
Reverse Engineering – Andrew Tweddle
The Clipboard and HTML – John McDonald
Read more ›
Thursday 28th May 2015 at 6 for 6:15pm start.
Paul Jervois will present on Drawing text without using the VCL or Windows API.
Lachlan Gemmell will present on Keeping past versions of an algorithm available.
Colin Johnsun will present on Programming with Pipelines.
Read more ›
Posted in Sydney
Tagged with: Algorithms
Delphi XE8 Launch Event in Perth this Tuesday 19th May
The Australian Delphi User Group are hosting the Delphi XE8 launch event in Perth on Tuesday with guest presenters from Embarcadero
VENUE 1 Fred Bell Parade, East Victoria Park, WA
(the suburb is listed as St James on some maps). Map
DATE Tuesday 19th May
5:30 casual catch up. 6pm presentations start. 9pm close.
Please Register for this event
Door Prize Courtesy of Arena
Arena Business Technology Pty Ltd suppliers of hardware and software to Australian Developers, are proud to donate this month’s door prize – which is a TP-LINK Dual USB Powerbank valued at $49.95 – for the Perth ADUG monthly meeting.
Virtual Reality Applications !
Attendees will receive their very own VR cardboard goggles to start viewing and enjoying VR applications.
Please register here as items may be limited (and to make sure you get Pizza) !!!!!
Other exciting XE8 features
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Proximity awareness to allow Apps to alter their behavior when they come into range with beacons.
- Enhancing your user’s App experience with AppAnalytics– Embarcadero’s new SaaS provides a useful way to understand user’s behavior by capturing anonymous usage data and any App exceptions.
- Developer Productivity – Visualize and measure the complexity of your source, refactoring and other editor enhancements.
- InterBase Change View feature helps answer the question “What data has changed since I last viewed it?”
- New features of RAD Studio XE8 – 64 bit for iOS, Box2D – a new physics engine for game development, new interactive map, new desktop web browser, new native components for iOS, a new Bluetooth component and a new Multi Device Preview.
- Enhancements – many enhancements to RAD Studio that build on current features such as Push Notification and Authentication for Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS), Mercurial integration for distributed version control, updates to reFind to help migrate from dbExpress to FireDAC and improved capture settings for Camera and Video
Pizza from Embarcadero. Presenters from Embarcadero. Door prize from Arena. A launch event. Your own VR goggles. This will be awesome
Pssst … did you register?
ADUG Vice President and WA Chief Cat Herder