Welcome, and thanks for dropping by.
ADUG is an organisation dedicated to providing a forum for activities and information that promote and improve the professional use of Delphi and related products and services in the Australian developer community.
We have local chapters and monthly meetings in most Australian states. If you’re new to Delphi or just visiting, feel free to drop in and say hello.
Please note that our technical blog that was previously at members.adug.org.au (on wordpress.com) has been merged here under the technical category.
Thursday 28th May 2015 at 6 for 6:15pm start.
Paul Jervois will present on Drawing text without using the VCL or Windows API.
Lachlan Gemmell will present on Keeping past versions of an algorithm available.
Colin Johnsun will present on Programming with Pipelines.
Read more ›
Posted in Sydney
Tagged with: Algorithms
Delphi XE8 Launch Event in Perth this Tuesday 19th May
The Australian Delphi User Group are hosting the Delphi XE8 launch event in Perth on Tuesday with guest presenters from Embarcadero
VENUE 1 Fred Bell Parade, East Victoria Park, WA
(the suburb is listed as St James on some maps). Map
DATE Tuesday 19th May
5:30 casual catch up. 6pm presentations start. 9pm close.
Please Register for this event
Door Prize Courtesy of Arena
Arena Business Technology Pty Ltd suppliers of hardware and software to Australian Developers, are proud to donate this month’s door prize – which is a TP-LINK Dual USB Powerbank valued at $49.95 – for the Perth ADUG monthly meeting.
Virtual Reality Applications !
Attendees will receive their very own VR cardboard goggles to start viewing and enjoying VR applications.
Please register here as items may be limited (and to make sure you get Pizza) !!!!!
Other exciting XE8 features
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Proximity awareness to allow Apps to alter their behavior when they come into range with beacons.
- Enhancing your user’s App experience with AppAnalytics– Embarcadero’s new SaaS provides a useful way to understand user’s behavior by capturing anonymous usage data and any App exceptions.
- Developer Productivity – Visualize and measure the complexity of your source, refactoring and other editor enhancements.
- InterBase Change View feature helps answer the question “What data has changed since I last viewed it?”
- New features of RAD Studio XE8 – 64 bit for iOS, Box2D – a new physics engine for game development, new interactive map, new desktop web browser, new native components for iOS, a new Bluetooth component and a new Multi Device Preview.
- Enhancements – many enhancements to RAD Studio that build on current features such as Push Notification and Authentication for Enterprise Mobility Services (EMS), Mercurial integration for distributed version control, updates to reFind to help migrate from dbExpress to FireDAC and improved capture settings for Camera and Video
Pizza from Embarcadero. Presenters from Embarcadero. Door prize from Arena. A launch event. Your own VR goggles. This will be awesome
Pssst … did you register?
ADUG Vice President and WA Chief Cat Herder
Monday 18th May at 6 for 6:15pm start.
An Introduction to FreePascal & Lazarus – Peter Hinrichsen – Club Engineer and Richard King – Creative Analytics
Read more ›
Due to the wild weather Embarcadero have requested that we cancel tonight’s meeting. Our apologies and see you next month.
Wednesday 22nd April 2015 at 6 for 6:15pm start.
This month’s Sydney meeting will be an informal “show and tell” style meeting. The idea is that anyone can have 10-15 minutes to show anything they like. It might be something from their code or something interesting they’ve found online.
It doesn’t have to be cutting edge or particularly tricky, it can just be your take on how you handled a particular everyday problem or task. No need to prepare specific code demos or slides either, just show us a few interesting snippets of your code and tell us how they work. Plenty of discussion will no doubt follow each presenter. It should be an thought provoking night.
So far we have show and tell contributions lined up from several of our regulars with plenty of room for more.
- Drawing text on a form without using the VCL or Windows API – Paul
- Keeping past versions of an algorithm available – Lachlan
- Railway Oriented Programming – Colin
So get in touch with your 10-15 minute “show and tell” topic, particularly if you’ve never presented before. If you don’t have a laptop to show your code with contact Lachlan (via email or leaving a comment below) and together we’ll sort something out.
Thursday May 7th at 5:30pm to 9pm.
This evening will be dedicated to hosting Embarcadero’s XE8 launch event. Come along and find out what’s new in our favourite IDE!
Read more ›
Hi Perth Delphi Fans
We have two exciting meetings coming up including an interstate presenter that you asked for, Frank on cows and an XE8 launch.
April Meeting – Nexus and Cows
Tue 21st April, 6pm at Perth Artifactory 8/16 Guthrie Street, Osborne Park WA 6017 Map
1) Geoff Harris from Nexus is visiting Perth and will present on the Nexus Quality Suite range of Delphi software. As a bonus, Geoff will also present on poker simulations
Geoff is a fascinating speaker and has presented at our National Symposiums in previous years so we are lucky to have him in Perth.
2) Frank on Cows
Frank Reynolds will present on his Delphi application for cow and dairy farming and will show the software, hardware and the problems needing to be overcome (as in the COW hardware)
There will be no actual cows. Seriously, you thought there would be cows ?
May Meeting – XE8 Launch Event
Tue 19th May, 6pm to 9pm
WHERE 1 Fred Bell Parade, East Victoria, WA
This meeting will be a launch event for RAD Studio / Delphi XE8
Please register for this event as it shows our support to Embarcadero to justify the long haul to Perth
Symposium in Perth
Well, it was a long shot, but there is interest and support within the national committee for a future ADUG symposium to be held in Perth. More on this later.
Monday 20th April
FastMM – Peter Postmus
FireUI on Android – Robert Pallot – Frontier Software
Door Prize – ABT
Read more ›